What Business Can I Start With 100kA question lingering on the lips of a lot of Nigerians would be "what business can I start with 100k Naira" this is because with the current economic situation of Nigeria, a part-time or even a full time paying job is not enough for most people and there is this need for them to look for businesses to start to make extra income or even earn a living. Here Are Businesses One Can Start With 100k Naira
1- Start Sales Of Oil Perfumes And ColognesWith the surge of people wanting to smell good, selling oil perfumes and essential oils for household use has become a good way to make money. The good thing about this business is that with as low as 100k naira you can start this business in Nigeria and make over50% of your capital from your first sales. To start this business with 100k. All you need to do is buy the different oil perfumes and essential oils, market them aggressively to your friends, families and even on your social media platforms(you can even run promotions on Facebook and Instagram for them), people see your perfume oils, they request for them, you take their others, they pay and you deliver to them with logistics services and you don't even need more than 100k to start this business. 10 FASTEST GROWING BUSINESSES IN NIGERIA
2- Youtube ChannelWith the way the world is going, videos are taking over everything and YouTube is leading this pack. Youtube is the second most visited site in the world with 39% of mobile internet users watching YouTube with about 2 billion monthly users and 30 million daily YouTube users. In 2019, the highest earner on YouTube was Ryan Kaji, he earned $26 million alone from YouTube and you too can. To start a YouTube channel with just 100k, you will need to :
- Carefully select a niche you would thrive in
- Write down content ideas
- Use keyword research tool like Ahref to determine the search volume and search difficulty of that keyword
- Sign up for YouTube
- For videos, you do not need a camera at first, you just need a tripod stand to keep your phone balanced on for starters and when you have been paid some money as a youtube partner, you can now buy a camera.
3- BloggingBlogging can be said to be putting up information, opinions or ideas about a certain thing on your blog and people read them, interact with them and even drop comments where they agree or do not agree with you. With Linda Ikeji being the most popular blogger in Nigeria raking in millions every month from her blog, it's been the dream of every young Nigerian to be like her and also start a blog that would bring in millions too. To start a blog, you do not need up to 100k naira except you are going to outsource for content from content writers which you would need to pay them for. I simplified the steps to starting a blog on a 100k budget
- Select a niche that is thriving and you think you can handle
- Buy a domain name. Hosting and SSL(security for your website). In Nigeria, with as low as 10,000 naira using servers. Qservers is a reliable hosting company and I would recommend them. Start your journey with them here
- Use free themes to design your website
- Outline different topics and keywords to post
- Sign up for google search console, analytics
- I wrote an entire post about blogging, you can read it here.
- Earn money from affiliate marketing and sponsored ads
4- Starting A Thrift StoreAn online thrift store is a business one can start with 100k Nigerian Naira. Thrifting is the act of selling off items that have already been used or it can also be selling off items that have not been used to another customer at a cheaper rate than the first amount it was bought for. Thrifting is very popular in Nigeria with items like clothing, accessories and shoes topping the list for thrift items. For a thrift store with a budget of 100k, it's most advisable to do it online on Etsy, Instagram or Facebook because 100k wouldn't be sufficient to build an eCommerce site using any of the platforms like Shopify or big commerce. I wrote an entire blog post about starting and running a thrift store with no money, Read it.
5- Starting A Shawarma Spot With 100kShawarma is a popular sandwich like chicken or beef. It's really popular in Nigeria with a vast percentage of Nigerians patronizing shawarma sellers. It's very possible to start a shawarma spot in Nigeria with 100k. These factors below would help guide you to thrive in your shawarma business
- Look for a popular or busy spot
- Enquire about creating a hut or kiosk where you can sell your shawarma
- Learn how to make shawarma from YouTube
- Make and sell your shawarma's at an average of #1,200 naira and make your money.
6- Starting A Popcorn Stand Business With 100kPopcorn is so popular, everyone knows what popcorn is and what it looks like and it's also a good business too. With the different variants and flavours, everyone is adding to make it sell more, it's moving from caramel to chocolate, vanilla e.t.c To start a popcorn business with 100k,
- You would need to get a stand in a good location
- Buy a pot with a stirrer and other active ingredients for popcorn