How do I start a profitable blog in Nigeria (in 2021)? Since 2012 when Linda Ikeji became the first most popular blogger in Nigeria to make so much money from blogging, how do I start a blog in Nigeria since then has become quite a popular search query. A lot of other bloggers aside Linda Ikeji are also springing up and thriving too and many more would continue to do so because blogging is termed profitable by most persons involved in it.
How Do I Start A Profitable Blog In NigeriaA few years ago, I was new to the whole blogging space and it was overwhelming for me and just a few bloggers then could give out some blogging secrets. Right now, as a blogger with my experience from building some other of my blogs, I'm going to be giving you detailed steps on how to start a blog in Nigeria, not just any type of blog, but the ones that are valuable to society and also profitable. In Nigeria, a lot of people tend to just rush right into the most popular niche; entertainment forgetting that other niches are even more profitable. Stick with me, I'm going to give you simple steps on all of that and all the means to start a profitable blog in Nigeria. Here are the seven best steps needed to set up a blog in Nigeria
1- Pick A Suitable Niche To Start A Profitable Blog In Nigeria20 BEST TYPES OF BLOGS THAT MAKES THE MOST MONEY If you have been checking out " how do I start up a blog" frequently on different search engines, then picking out a suitable niche is the first and most important step while you are trying to start a blog. A lot of bloggers say to buy a domain name and hosting first and then think of a blog niche for your blog, later on, this is wrong because your niche would determine the kind of blog name your blog would have. This process is a top priority when it comes to the success of your blog. Before you pick a niche for your blog, always have the following in mind
- Choose a niche with high search volume
- Choose a niche that you can always find contents for
- Choose a niche you can always keep up with
- Choose a niche that provides value because value always stands the test of time
- Choose a niche that is profitable because whether you like it or not, we would all want to make money from blogging even though a lot of people claim it's just a hobby.
- Don't choose a niche that is so narrow, it's going to make your work even harder.
2- Choose Your Blog's Name/ Domain Names To Start A Profitable Blog In NigeriaChoosing a name for your blog is the second most important step you would need while trying to start a blog in Nigeria. This step is important because the blog's name gives your brand(blog) a brand identity. One should always be careful and conscious while picking out a blog name because it cannot be changed after you have purchased a domain name and hosted it with them( the next step). Here are the factors one should look out for before choosing a blog name
- Always look out for names that are easy to spell
- Always look out for names that are easy to pronounce
- Make sure your blog name is not too long
- If it's a personal brand, your name is advised except it's too long
- If it's a product or service, the name of that product or service is advised.
- While choosing suffixes for your blog, suffixes like -.net, and -.com are usually more popular, and easy to use, use them.